Government of Canada

International Immigration Consults

Government of Canada

International Immigration Consults

Sign in

Work in Canada

Apply to work in Canada, extend a work permit or hire a foreign worker.

Foreign workers

Find out if you need a work permit

Who needs a work permit, which permit is right for you and special instructions for some workers

Get a work permit

Find out if you can apply and how to apply to work in Canada as a temporary worker, business person and student

Extend or change the conditions on your work permit

What to do if your work permit is about to expire or if you want to change jobs, and open work permits for permanent resident applicants

Travel and work in Canada as a youth

Find out if you can apply for the International Experience Canada Program, how to become a candidate and what to do after you’re in the pool

Check the list of non-compliant employers

Employers who did not meet their responsibilities under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program or International Mobility Program

Prepare to work

Find a job, explore other career opportunities, get your credentials assessed and learn about language training

Get a visitor visa to return to Canada

How and when a work permit holder should apply

Find a new job if you’re already in Canada

Search jobs from employers who want to hire temporary foreign workers

Report abuse of a temporary foreign worker

Anyone can report abuse, including the worker, a colleague, the employer or a member of the public

Canadian employers

Hire a permanent foreign worker

Options and help for employers hiring a foreign worker who plans to settle in Canada

Hire a temporary foreign worker

How to hire a foreign worker to fill labour or skills shortages on a temporary basis

Hire a newcomer as an intern

How government organizations can hire eligible newcomers to fill temporary opportunities

Scroll to Top